Wednesday, April 1, 2009

COMFORT FOOD

God knows how long I have wanted to blog, but was always halted by Baby Rianne's cries for milk; or if not, attention.

I am glad I picked up the good practice of keeping a record book for Rianne's feeding times and the number of times she pooped or had a wet diaper. The book had shown how my little girl drinks her milk, at ragingly short intervals I mean. It is said to be normal for an infant like Rianne to feed every 2-3hourly, but this isn't what Rianne is doing! She is now hungry and asking for milk every 2 hours, or sometimes, 45 mins to 1hr's time.

My mum reckons I might not be supplying enough for Rianne, thus the frequent wailing for milk. But sometimes after giving her what she wants, she returns everything back to me by vomitting. This means she didn't exactly want the milk I thought she wanted. She could very possibly just need to suck on something to get her to sleep, and that was mistaken to be hunger.

Apart from the comforting effect it has for Rianne, breast milk is no doubt her staple food; and anyone should be able to understand that.. especially a mother-to-be. But for my sis, she was probably disturbed by the fact that we have to keep entering the nursing room at the shopping mall that day. I totally know why, as the nursery was on the 3rd floor, and both of us handling 2 babies plus a pram; just makes it cumbersome. Also, I have to speak for my preggie sis who's heavily pregnant, and with an active kid like Jayden; any expectant mum would have gone crazy!

Well, I do hope I don't turn crazy feeding and changing Rianne, before Annie Mummy stays home with us for good.
My comfort food - Bees on a doughnut!

No comments: