Thursday, July 11, 2013

Curse & Swear

I need to warn you, I will be f-ing non-stop as I write this. There is no better expression than 'F You' to let my steam out now!!

Every morning is like a battle, an ugly battle to be precise. Lots of pushing by and brushing from commuters who are attempting to board the same f-ing train to get to the same f-ing workplace at the same f-ing time! I for one, am not residing at those popular or what the HDB calls, the matured estates. Sembawang is far North, a good 1 hour journey on the most common utilized form of transport - the f-ing MRT.

Even so, living in Sembawang does not guarantee you a spot, a standing one, on the f-ing train; let alone a seat! I have tried starting my journey at different times of the peak hour. Before 8am, at 8am, after 8am, and at 8.30am. All gave me the same f-ing unbearable commuting experience! You can't help but wonder, is there a problem with how SMRT is operating. Obviously there is! A big f-ing problem that they are either blind to see it, or just incapable of resolving operational issues!

I am not sorry to say that the government has actually contributed to this problem. There you are encouraging population growth, foreign talent imports; but did it ever cross your mind that we may be over-populated if you don't set a cap to the imports coming into the country. It is bad enough now to be squeezing on a f-ing train with fellow country men; but you have caused the f-ing train to be overcrowded with multi-nationals. So many others who are culturally different, and behave differently. I am not saying that all Singaporeans are well-behaved, but many a times, the foreigners are the ones who made my ride the more unbearable!

Countless times I have been pushed, brushed, hit and stepped on the f-ing train! I am a human too, so are high earners, politicians. Just because I cannot afford a f-ing car, I deserve this?! This is ridiculous! In this case, the government should start allowing only foreign TALENTS (emphasizing this) instead of any Tom, Dick & Harry who is just as dispensable as any Singaporean. Why the f do we need so many foreign clerks, secretaries, retail assistants, waiters/waitresses and even cleaners! Seriously, these are talents?! Their dependents too?

I was on the MOM website earlier, checking about dependent pass (DP) application for one of our foreign employees. It was stressed that the ministry is now more stringent on the criteria and approval of dependent passes, as an overall government effort in controlling population growth.

I am not sure if it is indeed so, as so far I have not seen/heard of many DP applications being rejected. The foreigners bring along their spouse, children, parents, and even parents-in-law, which can easily contribute to a good 10-15% of the entire Singapore population. Imagine your child now having to compete for spots in the school with these foreign kids, like as if it is not already hard to get into a good primary school now.

Well, after so much of f-ing, I am calmer now. However, it does not alter my mindset about how messed up SMRT is on managing its operations and delivering the worst class customer service. I am so glad I am not working tomorrow, as I will be out celebrating KL's birthday with Princess Rianne.

So looking forward to a fun-filled day with my 2 beloved persons at the SEA Aquarium! :)

No comments: