Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Wedding venues

We are officially panicking.. With less than 1 year before our wedding, and maybe only 1 shortlisted venue on our plate; we are really getting worried.

The gown designer at Z Wedding had told us that apparently our big day is a popular date among those getting hitched in May next year. Errrrmm, that's of no help. :(

I have been stepping up my efforts researching on the internet, reading recommendations from forums and bloggers, and also flipping through my trusted Style Weddings guide.

Our main requirement for the venue just has to be outdoor, preferably with a garden/terrace/gazebo/beach for the solemnization to be conducted and walking distance to a cozy, airconditioned dining area for the lunch reception. I thought it wasn't hard. But I think I'm wrong coz with our intended guest capacity (30-40+), the options are limited.

I cannot help but agree with this blogger who said that it is key for the venue to be close to a hotel where the AD preparation like makeup & hairdo can be done in the comfort of a hotel room. As I may have an outfit change after the solemnization, the need to be near a hotel appears to be more important than before.

I know this factor would kinda restrict us to venues within a hotel, but i'm not giving up. I'm still searching for an outdoor venue which may or may not be inside the compound of a hotel. As long as I am able to get to the venue dressed, or can be dressed at the venue with a decent dressing table/room.

Though only 1 venue has been shortlisted for us, I would like to share the various outdoor venues for any BTB/GTB (Bride-to-be/Groom-to-be) considering a private & cosy affair that is outside of the wedding norm.

- The Jewel Box @Mt Faber (our shortlistee) : There is a garden & an altar especially built for solemnizations, rental price is very reasonable too! Couple of dining options (private area, al fresco) available for you to choose.

- Gardenasia : This is definitely the place to consider if you want a garden wedding. There is even a chapel for those who wants to walk down the aisle the traditional style!

- Tanjong Beach Club : One of the more hip & happening venues, if you don't mind sharing the place (of course the beach too) with other diners & clubbers. There is a lovely cabana which is typically used for the solemnization.

- Hotel Fort Canning : This hotel could do a small scale solemnization at their garden terrace, but we are not shortlisting it as we didn't like the layout of the terrace, but maybe it might work for you?

- The Sentosa : Just got their quote yesterday, and will be reviewing with KL to see what he thinks. Minimum required capacity is 50 guests.

- Changi Cove : We are waiting for more details on this venue at the moment, likelihood it may not have an outdoor location for the solemnization. However, saw on their website they have an unique colonial location called The Command House, worth checking it out for that old colonial-inspired ceremony.

- Rasa Sentosa : I know this is a hotel, an expensive one as a matter of fact. But it is undeniably romantic and beautiful to exchange your wedding vows right in front of the South China sea, and on a big piece of garden that would exclusively be for your wedding only. My best chum, E, held her solemnization ceremony there 7 years back, and the memories of that day event and the venue still stay so vividly in my head.

Well, have a go at visiting the above venues; and just remember there's no obligation to sign on with them regardless how many correspondences/meetings you have with them. You need to fall in love with the venue to want to hold the most important ceremony of your life there..

No comments: