Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Beauty is key

Well, after so long of keeping my face low 'key'; I finally decided to have a comeback. Beauty reigns!!

It has been a while since I last bought skincare products. My daily regime is straightforward, and fuss-free. It is just like Rianne counting 1,2,3 and sometimes, 4 and voila, I'm done.

Step 1 : Wash my face with a cleanser
Step 2 : Toner
Step 3 : Blemish gel
Step 4 : Makeup (this step is often dispensable)

You beauty gurus would definitely shake your head and tell me how terrible and lazy my regime is. I know.. :( What to do, I'm lazy and cannot care less about my face these days. However, a reality check and wakeup call is dawned upon me as I recall I am only 9 months away from my wedding day!

I can still remember those days when I diligently have my monthly facials, do my own masks at home, and have my little 'beauty moustache' threaded away every few months. I never find it a hassle to travel all the way to the beauty parlour in town, or the face threading shop in Clementi! Fast forward 4 years, and I'm stuck at home soaking myself in weekend housework or playing with Rianne. That has to change. I need to have facials, and go thread away my 'moustache'..

I had to start somewhere right? So, yesterday in the 3 hours break before picking Rianne up from her nursery, me and my mom headed to the shopping mall and shopped. Nothing beats buying stuff for yourself! We were at the Korea Skincare shop - The Faceshop where I grabbed my usual facial cleansers, toner and many others. Hah, spent like $120+ there. I also stopped to check out the new Bio-Essence new range of products, and bought a serum and cream. Honestly, I have no idea what is the difference between the two. The sales promoter says it will give better results if I use both products, one after another. Hmmmm..

I decided to have a go last night with all the skincare products that I have bought, experimenting them.

After cleansing my face with The Faceshop 365 Herb Day Cleansing Form in Acerola, I applied The Faceshop Tea Tree toner to close my pores. Then, I used the sample 'Wash Off Mask' pack from The Faceshop and kept the mask on for 15 minutes before rinsing it away with warm water. I could feel a nice softness already when I wash off the mask. Then I used my last piece of collagen firming mask from my friend Z, who bought them in bulk from Taiwan at a cheap price. Basically, I could sleep with the mask on. But I didn't as I need to complete the entire beauty regime by finishing with my new Bio-Essence Snail Extract Serum & Cream as the final 2 steps.

Ta-da! A complete regime tried and tested!

I woke up with a less greasy face this morning, and thru-out the day, my face was less oily too with the exception of the usual T-zone area. Not sure if my face was any firmer, but I do notice a little sharper my face has become. Would definitely try the same regime again, maybe another time this week and see if the effects will be much more visible.

I'd like to end this post with my mom's comments on The Faceshop products. "Good, affordable products that delivers impressive results! I rather pay a little more for them than getting Maybelline/ZA stuff which are just mediocre. Only setback is the directions are not too user-friendly, as they are most of the time in Korean."

*Disclaimer: The above comments are purely personal opinions, and are not representation of any population/company. They are to be used for references strictly with discretion only.



No comments: