Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Because I need to know..

I am asked to remove this post.. maybe the message sent by the other person was a tad too embrrassing to be published to the whole world, or maybe it was my reply to his message that was the insult.

Regardless, I feel that I have my rights for my own speech or words to be told in any manner, including to be on this blog. Hence, I am still keeping the part of my message.. (Names were striked or kept anonymous to show respect)

"I am really sorry to hear about your condition.. however it kinda strike me that both you and XXX have the same disorder, but only you seem to have it harder. Pls try to seek treatment or at least, diagnosis (of whatever you may be speculating) in UK first, before making any major move in your life. It may now seem a bit unrealistic for you to even come to SG with your current situation, unless you are ready to spend money (minimum, thousands) on getting treated here!

It is not that I am not showing concern or ain't bothered by what's going on for you. You need to step up for yourself and know that "every household has their own troubles", or in other words; if you think you are suffering the most, there are people out there who may be living the last of their days now! Everyone has their own problems to face and deal with, and I am only hoping u learn to do it with courage and determination, rather than just replying on empathy or assistance from others. You still have your family.. family will not foresake you, like how it is for my pregnancy case here.

When I first found out that I am pregnant, I try to be calm and take it in my stride (how many girls can do that honestly?), and think of solutions rather than to dwell in unhappiness or desperation.. i guess it should be the same for you. Think of solutions and discuss methods with your family, and not speculating how bad the condition will develop and worse, to say that you might even die tomorrow!! That's absolute pessimisticity one could ever have.. declaring death even before it is granted onto u!

i'm sorry if my words may sound harsh, but those are just to highlight to you that life is never smooth-sailing.. be it urs in UK, or mine here in SG. it's just how you deal with the challenges or difficulties that may get in ur way.. Lastly, you could seek help from the association which you told me about.. I believe it is there to assist people who may be affected by the disorder and have problems dealing with it.."

Neurofibromatosis Association UKSource:
www.nfauk.orgNeurofibromatosis is one of our most common genetic disorders, affecting 1 in every 2,500 people worldwide including 25,000 in this country alone. It can affect any family, with no previous history of neurofibromatosis, through new gene mutation.

No comments: