Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Gimme! Gimme! Gimme my fortune!

Nobody's gonna believe it.. I had done something which is so not-me at the recent workshop that I was involved in.

I actually allowed my palm(s) to be read by a fortune teller we hired as an entertainment source, for a dinner last Wednesday at Indochine, Clarke Quay. I wasn't sure in the first place if I want a stranger to tell me some unknown (or better referred as 'unforeseen') predictions of my future, just by touching my hands.

My ever-so-kind boss jumped at this chance to have her fortune told, and she then encouraged me to go next. Well, if my boss who isn't supersitious nor a believer of non-scientific stuff like this can have her palms read; then what is there for me to be afraid of?!

I gave my hands to the lady fortune teller (in her mid-40s, from the look of it), who 'operated' at a small 'booth' in the private room for our dinner. No questions asked from her, not even the essential information like my name, age, marital status, etc, etc.. She went straight into telling me my health. Apparently, she saw that my health would be fairly well until my late 30s when I could be very ill. However, she added that I would eventually recover and by looking at my palm (maybe those weird curvy lines were speaking to her!), I would not suffer from any memory loss til my death. Hooray, I would not be Senile Regina!!

Hmmm, the most interesting part (I said interesting, not the climax of the fortune-telling..) of her predictions was about my career. Can you believe she said I would have a switch in my career? It could be a change in the work industry, or even the field of work! This is forecasted to happen when I am about 36, and this new career path will bring me to greater heights; so much higher than I would have imagined! My wealth would thus be on a roll too with me progressing well on the corporate ladder.. Good news eh? Money, money, money!!

Then, now comes the climax.. Ready, people?! Ok, the fortune teller said that my love life isn't as smooth as how my career would go. Well, fair enough; I have indeed been through lots of relationships, and til this age, I am still unhitched! That's not the worrying thing.. It is predicted that if I am getting married or am in a relationship currently, it would all be over in about 5 years time! My right guy (the one who will walk with me til the end of my life) would only appear when I am 36, and my fortune speaks of a definite marriage with this person.

At that juncture, many thoughts raced through my head.. I once said to myself that I would be a happy and eligible bachelorette for good. But, with little Junior stepping into my life now; it means an entire different story. I would most likely get married to the co-creator of Junior, be a wife and mother and everything else of a family follows.. However, is this what I really want now? Can I say it with a fair conscience that this is the kind of lifestyle I truly desire? I'm afraid not..

I am sorry to say that this post unfortunately has to end with a sad, and uncertain note like this. I, myself can't even say it to nobody else but myself, that I am seeking a future that I really am wishing for..

Maybe it is good for me to not say anything to myself, but instead, let my heart speak for itself.

1 comment:

DannyBoy said...

This is a very sad post indeed. Not just for you, but for I, the so-called co-creator of Little Junior. Is that what I have really become? Just a co-creator? What about my life, my feelings? I really hope that I am reading this wrong, but please do not give up on us, I need you and Little Junior so much, I love you.