Wednesday, September 24, 2008

INEXPERIENCED?!

People who know me would never, ever thought of describing me with this inappropriate word "inexperienced".. well, maybe they would, in some areas which I do admit that I lack experience in.

Parenting - I am only expecting my first baby now, of course I am more of a greenhorn than anything else!

Dealing with very critical diseases/illnesses - can I say the worse case I ever encountered was my 'threatened miscarriage'?

Travelling - So far I have been and seen only Malaysia, Bintan, Bangkok, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Great Britain.

Drugs - Definitely not a field of interest!

Serving time - Not rebellious enough when I was younger I suppose..

If that word was pinpointing my work or life experience, it probably have came from a wrong dictionary..

My resume isn't filled with prestigious qualifications, but rather VAST working experience that has brought me this far today! It spanned from a small retail assistant, to an assistant sales supervisor, to a pub waitress, to a clinic assistant, to a customer relationship officer, to an admin & purchasing executive, to a secretary/PA to a MD/HR Director, and finally a profession which I am so loving it now.. a HR & Training assistant, regionally, may I add.

Seen and worked with people from all walks of life. People of high calibre like directors, doctors, school principals/lecturers, police superintendents, lawyers and entrepreneurs, etc.. Normal white/blue working class, and the lowly educated Bangadeshi machinists whom I have to spend time explaining company policies and their salary calculations to!

The problem with me is I am not as tech-savvy as the younger generations now, but I am resourceful enough. Single-handedly organized a 4days HR Conference in May for a team of overseas & local delegates, and was complimented for making the event so successful! Have been tasked most recently to key lead my company's Halloween Party (note for a group of more than 100 staff!), and co-assist the PA for the Xmas Party too!

I am not bragging about my achievements, but rather to say that it is simply ridiculous for someone to even label me "INEXPERIENCED"!

No comments: