Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I Miss My Bump..

I remember my best friend, X, told me that she actually missed being pregnant, straight after giving birth to her chubby boy. It didn't make sense to me at that time.. for I have been anticipating, and was ever ready for little Junior's arrival!

I realised the reason for X's statement, was because the living thing inside our stommies have turned into an alive and kicking (my Rianne's a kicker!) creature for real! Not that we depised our newborns, but more like it was a change which we needed time to adapt to.

The sobbing infant laying in the baby cot with soiled diapers, was something we didn't have to deal with before. We only had to talk, sing, and caress our abdomens when we wanted some interaction. Or on an active day when my favourite drama series "Little Nyonya" is on TV, the fetal movement index will be on a soaring incline!

Expectant mothers don't give a heck to their food intake.. they eat whatever they like, they gorge as much as they want, they have the most nutritious tonics like birds' nest and yummy-brewed soups. All cravings fulfilled, and all demands met.

I just have to show ya'all this piece of Israeli goodness.. My friend, X brought it back for me on her business trip. I kept it for 2 months (couldn't bear to eat it because of the memories I hold so dearly of an Israeli guy), and as you can see below, I eventually succumbed to temption..
"It melts in your mouth and your hands too, if you don't pop it down quickly!" Woooo, soft and milky..

Mothers-to-be laze around all day, laid on the couch, and on the bed. Simply, because they are just too heavy to move about! Getting up in the middle of the night ain't a dreadful thing for them, coz it is just a 5 minutes affair to relieve themselves. But for us, the wee-hours waking up means losing almost 1 hour of sleep.. 15mins of breastfeeding, 30 mins to change the nappy, another 15mins to put the baby back to sleep.

It is not hard to see many expecting mothers this year. Stroll down the halls of KK Hospital, and you will see big bellies around every corner. It's weird to see those bellies now, when my own is as flat as a washing board. No, I'm not being smug here. My current weight now (I finally braced up enough courage to jump onto the scale), is 47kg! 8 months back, I weighed only a mere 42kg..

My 14.5kg weight gain is now lying beside me as I write this.. she was being grouchy, and my mum had no choice but to bring her out to the living room. You know what? Her eyes are now fixated on the TV, presumably watching telly I guess.. =)

My happiness bump may no longer be there, but at least now I know how my future happiness look like..

No comments: