My little princess is now a Singapore citizen. Her birth certificate is finally done, on the 13th day of her birth; which so happens to be Papa D's birthday..
I wonder did Papa D have a memorable celebration? But I am happy that at least Rianne's birth cert is issued on her daddy's birthday, and that date will stay with her for the rest of her life. Consider that as a tribute to Papa D..
The most awaited shall be revealed now.. Rianne, officially known as Rianne Hudson Lim; taking Papa D's family name as her middle name, is also Lin Yu Yao. I decided on this name against the other hot favourites (Yu Xuan was the name that got the most votes!), as this is the easiest to write and will never get mispronnunced. The 2 chinese characters means rain (Water), and precious jade (Gold); which are the 2 elements that Rianne needs more in her life.
At the registry, I made a single mum's declaration to say that I am not legally married and is declaring Rianne to be my child and Papa D, being Rianne's natural father. His particulars are not on Rianne's certificate now as he is not here to make an oath with me. However, if I need to insert them onto the cert in future, it will be subjected to a DNA test, statuory declaration and approval by the registry. It also meant that I am not eligible for the baby bonus, and the government cash match-up scheme. Bye bye, $$!!
Today, I took the most risky move - giving Rianne a taste of the pacifier for the first time. This thought has been on my mind for the last few days when she was already fed but still looking like she wants milk. As a result, she threw up after I forced my boobs onto her, when she had her fill less than a hour ago. I decided this is not the right way, so I rather pacify her than have her puking!
Well, the pacifying does work and I am glad she isn't too clingy with it now. When she fall asleep, the sucking will stop and the pacifier will just fall out of her mouth, and onto the bed. Now, that is a clever girl.. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment