Ever since Ruben (the big teddy bear, they call him!) won Season 2 of American Idol, I have concluded that maybe America don't really vote in the way I thought they would.. Clay Aiken, obviously would have my vote.
Well, I guess the audition rounds will not be too boring to watch. Who knows, the infamous William Hung might resurface.. No, he didn't. But from the auditions to the Hollywood weeks, the judges have proved to me that they have their reasons for their harsh critique. It is not Simon's fault that the poorer vocalists got voted off. American Idol is a battle of talents and looks, and this season indeed is a fierce battlefield!
There's the good lookers - Danny Gokey, Kris Allen and Megan Joy. The powerhouse vocalists - Lil Rounds, Allison Iraheta, Alexis Grace and Adam Lambert. Multi-talented - Scott Macintyre and Matt Giraud.. and of course, the unexpectedly good - Anoop Desai and Michael Sarver. The final 13 put up an incredible show on Wednesday, with songs from King of Pop - MICHAEL JACKSON.
Some performances touched hearts, while others were simply exhilarating! My personal favourites - Kris Allen's act with his guitar, and Matt Giraud playing magic on the piano. Like Simon said, it would be better if Kris hasn't officially announced he has a wife. I know Paula Abdul was disappointed too, eventhough she commented that Kris was "adorable sexy!". That lucky Kathy! You'd better hold on to your husband!!
After Thursday night's elimination round, the final 11 have just gotten closer to winning the ultimate glory. But with everyone this strong, it ain't an easy task to vote and to bear seeing anyone so talented being voted out. I'm glad that this heavy responsiblity doesn't fall onto the shoulders of the Singapore audience. But I hope America will vote wisely, just like how they have done at the President Election. Cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment