Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Rianne's First Month


No amount of downpour could dampen our high spirits, as we celebrated Rianne's first month old at The Green Room Cafe, Bishan Park II, last Sunday.

It was meant to be a private affair, a small gathering with family and closest friends. Am thankful for everyone's patience (only made it there 1hr later than planned), attendance, and lastly, your generousity.

Hence, my reciprocal..


I was making sure all my friends take turns to carry Rianne, even those who has never held a baby before. And my little princess definitely enjoyed all the attention, coz she was decently well-behaved in the arms of all the aunties and uncles.

The occasion ended with more rain, and my mum was so protective of (no, you are wrong; not Rianne!) ME! I, the confined woman, is not to get drenched at anytime. So, I am sheltered by my dearest friends with umbrellas; all the way til I got into a taxi.

Distributing cakes don't seem a difficult task, but for an elderly (yes, my mum's in this catergory already! Hahahaha!) and a confined mother with her baby in tow; it didn't look as easy as we thought. In fact, my poor mum suffered a fall when she was delivering a box of cakes to our old neighbour - my mum's best pal. She slipped after stepping foot into some wet mud, and you can't imagine how I felt when I saw her down on the pavement! I am so sorry, Annie Mummy! But, you refused to let me help.. Anyway, we were just glad that Rianne was in my arms when my mum fell. Phew..

I wonder is it because Rianne's chinese name has the character 'RAIN', that's why all these days when we went out; it was always pouring! Well, afterall, Rianne is a 'WATER' baby..

No comments: