Tuesday, February 10, 2009

6 more weeks to go!!

I ain't bragging, but I am quite sure that any girl who have been through what I have, would have thrown the white towel out of their ring long ago..

You may think that the final trimester should be the easiest period of the whole 40 weeks pregnancy. But actually, it isn't.. My body is in a downright declining state now, and everyday I am just more exhausted than the previous day.

I had tried my best to drag myself out of bed since yesterday, so as to go back to the office for my laptop and to settle some outstanding work. But I was all fluey just after my bath, and was sneezing non-stop. Being pregnant means I have to live with the flu, not able to use any medication, and not even my long-term flu-relief - the VICKS inhaler. Hence, I went back to sleep til I got hungry, cooked myself some instant porridge and laid on the bed again. This sleep-eat-sleep routine was in play again today, and frankly, I am starting to wonder if that large amount of sleep has made me even more exhausted..

Maybe not just me who is affected, but Junior as well. I noticed her moving lesser in my stommie these days. She hasn't been her usual activitiful, esp at her playtime from 10pm onwards. The term 'decreased fetal movement' is one of the signs (I learnt from the antenatal class) to admit myself into hospital, and that is really not what I want right now. I have to call out to my precious princess, get her to respond, and have her do her usual grooves & moves before I can sleep at ease.

As I am writing this, I have to say that Junior has yet to move a single time today.. the norm must be at least 10 times a day. Could she have overslept coz mummy has been sleeping so much today? Or could it be because mummy's wrist is hurting and swelling after the jab at the hospital that day? Thanks to Annie Mummy, who knocked into the needle-head and left me squirming with pain.. Evidence of a blue-black bruise as shown in below picture..



Little Junior, Mama R loves you more than anything in this world, so would you please let me know you are ok? Go on and kick as much as you want, I promise I won't scold..

No comments: