OK, a quick update of Rianne now before I talk about bigger kids..
My mum had visited her last night, and she has regained her birth weight; which by the doctor's words, would be fit enough to go home. But they (nurses & docs in SCN) spotted another problem with my girl. They found her to be repulsive to the milk she has taken in, kinda like gagging out the milk. HUH?! Isn't this normal for every baby? Especially when most of the time they are drinking milk in a lying down posture, it is not surprising if milk gets repelled out from their mouths right?
I decided that I would call and check on Rianne's discharge status, rather than wasting tens of dollars going straight down to the hospital. Nurse said the milk repulsion has stopped, but her weight has dropped by a tiny bit. WHAT?! Can they just stop tormenting the mother?! Just a few grams of weight loss and they want to keep the baby away from the mama?! I told the nurse that I am confident that Rianne would regain her weight when she gets home to her mum, as I would breastfeed her and my milk supply now; is quite substantial. *Latest collection of milk is at 30-40ml, a proud record I would say..
So now, I can only wait, wait for good news to come..
Folks, good news is finally here.. I am fetching baby Rianne from the hospital now!! Talk to you soon!! ;p
No comments:
Post a Comment